AS9120: Certification of Aviation, Space, and Defense Distribution Organizations
What Is Accrediation for AS9120 AS&D Distribution Certification?
The AS9120 standard is the IAQG’s ICOP Scheme requirements for organizations at any level in the ASD global supply chain that distributes product to ASD manufacturers, MRO organizations and end users. Its use should result in improved quality, schedule and cost performance by the reduction or elimination of organization-unique requirements and wider application of good practice. While primarily developed for the aviation, space and defense industry, this standard can also be used in other industry sectors where a quality management system with additional requirements over an ISO 9001 quality management system (QMS) is desired.
The standard complements and is additive to the ISO 9001 QMS structure and framework without changing it. ANAB accredited CBs issued more certifications to this standard than any other Accreditation Body.
ANAB Assessors are industry professionals that have directly worked with the standard and are very familiar with its implementation. ANAB works directly with the IAQG Certification Oversight Team (ICOT) to assure that we can provided accurate implementation, understanding and support to certification bodies and their clients.
AS9120 ASD Distribution Organizations Accrediation information
- Accreditation Requirements for Management Systems CBs
- ANAB Accreditation Rule 29
- IAQG Supplemental Rules and Resolutions
- AS9101F: Quality Management Systems Audit Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations
- AS9104/1A: Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Quality Management System Certification Programs
- AS9104/2: Requirements for Oversight of Aerospace Quality Management System Registration/Certification Programs
- AS9104/3: Requirements for Aerospace Auditor Competency and Training Courses
- AS9100D: Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space and Defense Organizations
- AS9110C: Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation Maintenance Organizations
IAF has published Mandatory and Informative Documents that support accreditation for AS9120. For more information see IAF.
The AS9120 Standard includes:
• Complete text of ISO 9001 QMS
• Regulatory minimum requirements for Distribution organizations
• Enhanced requirements for end-to-end traceability of ASD products
• Enhanced requirements for the prevention of suspect unapproved and counterfeit parts
• Enhanced requirements for documentation requirements
• Optional Design requirements for Services in support of Logistic services
Talk to an Expert
Senior Manager of Accreditation, Management Systems
Aviation, Space, and Defense and Counterfeit Prevention Programs
Need Training To Support Your Accreditation Journey?
Learn at your own pace with online courses or choose an instructor led class offered online or in a convenient location.
Management Systems Accreditation Resources
This manual explains the operational activities and responsibilities of ANAB and accredited management systems certification bodies (CBs).
Who is Accredited?
Search the directory of accredited organizations.