ANAB Mission, Quality Policy, and Quality Objectives
ANAB is an international leader that provides accreditation and related services for many types of conformity assessment bodies, including testing and calibration laboratories, government forensic crime laboratories, certification bodies, verification and validation bodies, proficiency testing providers and reference material producers. ANAB operates in accordance with the current version of ISO/IEC 17011 Conformity assessment – General requirements for bodies providing assessment and accreditation of conformity assessment bodies and supplementary requirements documents. ANAB builds confidence in the competence, reliability and integrity of conformity assessment bodies, helps protect against risks to health and safety, and provides value for stakeholders worldwide.
- Is committed to being a value-added, competent, and cost-effective provider of accreditation of conformity assessment services to national and international standards with the highest integrity and in a timely manner.
- Will advance international acceptance of conformity assessment by maintaining mutual recognition arrangements.
- Will provide its customers the best accreditation and assessment services possible while helping its customers and other interested parties focus on achieving and providing value.
- Will provide its employees a satisfying work environment that encourages teamwork and high performance.
ANAB judges its quality policy is met by:
- Continually improving customer satisfaction. Establishing metrics to improve service to customers and operational performance. Maintaining rigorous, independent, impartial, and transparent processes.
- Planning and developing new programs and services that help our customers be responsive to market demands.
- Ensuring effective and timely communication to customers and other interested parties.
Signing appropriate mutual recognition arrangements.
- Participating and providing appropriate leadership in national, international, and industry forums.
- Respecting our personnel and having confidence they will deliver services that meet or exceed customer expectations; providing a safe, open team working environment, equal opportunity commensurate with demonstrated abilities and performance, and competitive compensation; and encouraging personal and professional growth consistent with organizational goals.
- Providing effective strategic, operational, and financial stewardship to ensure the health of the organization.