Accreditation Program for Greenhouse Gas Validation and Verification Bodies
What is Accreditation For Greenhouse Gas Validation And Verification Bodies?
The ANAB Accreditation Program for Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Bodies operates according to ISO 14065:2020, General principles and requirements for bodies validating and verifying environmental information.
ISO 14065 defines principles and requirements for bodies that validate and verify environmental information statements and ISO 14064-3 defines principles and requirements for conducting GHG emissions validation and verification engagements. The ANAB ISO 14065 program p
The following programs recognize or require ANAB’s GHG accreditation:
- Alberta Technology Innovation and Emissions Reduction Regulation
- American Carbon Registry
- Architecture for REDD+ Transactions, The REDD+ Environmental Excellence Standard
- British Columbia Greenhouse Gas Emission Reporting Regulation
- British Columbia Greenhouse Gas Emission Control Regulation
- Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA)
- Climate Action Reserve
- Colorado Air Quality Control Commission Recovered Methane Regulation
- Environment and Climate Change Canada Output-Based Pricing System
- Environment and Climate Change Canada Clean Fuel Regulations
- Environment and Climate Change Canada Offset Credit System
- Gold Standard Foundation
- Newfoundland and Labrador Regulation 14/17
- Nova Scotia, Greenhouse Gas Emission Regulations
- Ontario Regulation O. Reg. 390/18
- Oregon Department of Environmental Quality Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program
- Plan Vivo
- Quebec Regulation Q-2, r.15 Reporting Regulation
- Quebec Regulation Q-2, r.46.1 Cap & Trade Regulation
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative*
- Saskatchewan Reporting Regulations
- The Climate Registry
- Verra’s Verified Carbon Standard
- World Bank Forest Carbon Partnership Facility
*Offsets only and subject to state requirements for verifier recognition
In addition, ANAB is exploring the expansion of its program to include validation and verification of other types of environmental information. Please contact us for more information or join our LinkedIn group to receive information and updates.
Steps to Accreditation For Greenhouse Gas Validation And Verification Bodies
- File Application
- Prepare for Accreditation
- Document Review
- Preliminary Assessment
- (Optional) Accreditation Assessment
- Corrective Action
- Executive Committee’s Decision
- Accreditation Certificate
- Surveillance Assessments
ISO 14065 specifies principles and requirements for bodies that undertake validation or verification of greenhouse gas (GHG) assertions.
Talk to an Expert
Senior Director, Validation and Verification
Need Training To Support Your Accreditation Journey?
Learn at your own pace with online courses or choose an instructor led class offered online or in a convenient location.
Who is Accredited?
Search the directory of accredited organizations.