ISO 22301: Security and Resilience – Business Continuity Management Systems
What Is Accreditation for ISO 22301 security and Resilience – Business Continuity Management Systems?
Under an agreement with the US Department of Homeland Security, ANAB has developed a program to oversee the certification process, manage accreditation, and accredit qualified third parties to carry out certifications of private sector entities for disaster preparedness, emergency management, and business continuity. CBs can be accredited for any or all of the designated PS-Prep standards: ISO 22301, ASIS SPC.1, and NFPA 1600.
Additional PS-Prep Information
CBs accredited for one of ANAB’s business continuity management systems programs (e.g., ISO 22301) may be recognized by ANAB to use the US Department of Homeland Security PS-Prep Mark. Currently, National Quality Assurance – USA, is recognized to use the PS-Prep Mark.
You can find more information about private sector preparedness at the PS-Prep site.
You can listen to a free educational webinar on Career Options and the PS-Prep Program sponsored by two non-profit organizations. (Note: Registration is required to access audio).
ISO 22301 BCMS Accreditation information
- Accreditation Requirements for Management Systems CB
- ANAB Accreditation Rule 51 for ISO 22301
- ISO/IEC TS 17021-6, Conformity assessment Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of management systems – Part 6: Competence requirements for auditing and certification of business continuity management systems
- ISO 22301, Security and resilience – Business continuity management systems – Requirements
- ISO 22301, Societal security – Business continuity management systems – Requirements
IAF has published Mandatory and Informative Documents that support accreditation for BCMS. For more information see IAF.
ISO 22301 specifies requirements to implement, maintain and improve a management system to protect against, reduce the likelihood of the occurrence of, prepare for, respond to and recover from disruptions when they arise.
Talk to an Expert
Senior Director of Accreditation, Management Systems
EHS, Recycling, Energy, Business Continuity, and RCMS Approval Programs
Need Training To Support Your Accreditation Journey?
Learn at your own pace with online courses or choose an instructor led class offered online or in a convenient location.