ISO 45001: Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems
What Is ISO 45001 Management Systems Accreditation?
ANAB offers accreditation for occupational health and safety management systems conforming to ISO 45001. (Existing accreditations for ANSI/AIHA Z10, BS OHSAS 18001, and/or CSA Z1000 are being migrated to ISO 45001.)
OHSMS is a base standard program in ANAB’s fee schedule.
Please refer to the information about the accreditation process at How to Become an ANAB-Accredited Certification Body.
You can view the OHSMS application in .pdf format to understand specific requirements but the application process must be completed online via ANAB’s EQM database; first-time EQM users must register to create an account.
ISO 45001 OH&S Management Systems Accreditation Requirements
Available from ANSI:
- ISO 45001:2018, Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements with guidance for use
- ISO/IEC TS 17021-10:2018, Competence requirements for auditing and certification of occupational health and safety management systems
Available from IAF:
- IAF MD 21:2018, Requirements for the Migration to ISO 45001:2018 from OHSAS 18001:2007
- IAF MD 22:2018, Application of ISO/IEC 17021-1 for the Certification of Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems
Applications are no longer accepted for:
- ANSI/AIHA Z10-2005, American National Standard for Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (available from ANSI)
- BS OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational health and safety management systems. Requirements (available from ANSI)
- CSA Z1000-06, Occupational health and safety management (available from CSA)
ISO 45001 specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, and gives guidance for its use, to enable organizations to provide safe and healthy workplaces by preventing work-related injury and ill health, as well as by proactively improving its OH&S performance.
Talk to an Expert
Senior Director of Accreditation, Management Systems
EHS, Recycling, Energy, Business Continuity, and RCMS Approval Programs
Need Training To Support Your Accreditation Journey?
Register for a course to get in-depth instruction on accreditation-related requirements and processes. Learn at your own pace with online courses or choose an instructor led class offered online or in a convenient location.
Management Systems Accreditation Resources
This manual explains the operational activities and responsibilities of ANAB and accredited management systems certification bodies (CBs).
Who is Accredited?
Search the directory of accredited organizations.