The accreditation process consists of the following steps:
- Preliminary Application: To request a formal application into the program, interested parties should fill out and submit CAP-FR-303: Preliminary Application for ANAB Accreditation under ASTM E2659-09.
- Application: Once an organization has been accepted as a preliminary applicant, it will be invited to file a full application: CAP-FR-304: Application for ANAB Accreditation under ASTM E2659-09.
- Document Review: ANAB conducts a desk review for all applications received. This is the review of the documentation received against ANAB's accreditation requirements and relevant requirements of the CAP program.
- On-site Assessment: ANAB conducts a one- to two-day assessment at the site of the applicant body's main office(s).
- Corrective Action: During the course of the ANAB assessment process, the applicant certificate issuer may receive notice of nonconformance with one or more requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659-09. It is the responsibility of the certificate issuer to correct these nonconformities to be considered for accreditation. The ANAB assessment team will work with the applicant body in the posting, review, and closure of any nonconformity.
- Committee Review: Once the applicant has closed nonconformities to the satisfaction of the ANAB assessment team, the details of the assessment are presented to the CAP Accreditation Committee for deliberation and an ultimate decision on initial accreditation.
- Accreditation: Accreditation is granted by the CAP Accreditation Committee and the accredited certificate issuer operates its program in accordance with ANAB requirements and relevant CAP program policies and procedures.
- Surveillance: Surveillance of the accredited certificate issuer provides confidence about the full implementation and effectiveness of the certificate issuer. The intent of regular surveillance is to assure stakeholders of the quality of the services provided. Surveillance occurs every year annually at the date of initial accreditation.
For more information, please contact:
Director, Certificate Accreditation