ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Lead Assessor Training (Non-forensic)
ANAB’s ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Training course is based on ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17011 requirements and uses hands on, exercise-based approach to effectively develop and support the necessary competencies required of a lead assessor.
ANAB’s ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Training course uses hands on, exercise-based approach to effectively develop and support the necessary competencies required of a lead assessor. The course was revised in response to the change of focus to competence within laboratory-related accreditation standards and is based on ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17011 requirements.
This Lead Assessor Training course is designed to develop the required knowledge and skills by incorporating small group exercises, course work, and case studies for hands-on learning, allowing attendees to demonstrate their competencies in the classroom, as well as on a comprehensive final examination.
Additionally, this course provides an in depth understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements, with a focus on how these requirements are applicable in the operations of laboratories and how the requirements are assessed by a lead assessor.
Participants who successfully complete this training course will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate demonstrates a solid understanding of the concepts in ISO/IEC 17025:2017, required competencies of a lead assessor and the ability to lead ISO/IEC 17025 assessment teams.
- Understand requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017, including general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements
- Understand the benefits of accreditation and the role of accreditation bodies
- Knowledge of assessment principles, practices, and techniques, including risk-based assessment principles
- Understanding the human aspects of assessments skill development, including:
- Communication skills appropriate to interact with all levels within the conformity assessment body
- Note-taking and report-writing skills
- Nonconformity writing skills
- Opening and closing meeting skills
- Interviewing and listening skills
- Collecting objective evidence, including scope sampling and technical competence evaluation
- Understand the importance of assessment-management
- Individuals interested in becoming an assessor for an accreditation body*
- Current assessors seeking to further demonstrate the required competencies
- Internal auditors seeking to further develop their auditing skills
- individuals who want to understand the assessment process and assessment related activities
For more information on becoming a contract assessor for ANAB, follow:
Note: If you are interested in serving on ANAB assessment teams for the forensic business unit please see Forensic Technical Assessor Training.
This training course is available as a private session. Private sessions are a great option for organizations that have several staff members that need the training.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-501-5473 for more information.
Note: ANAB as an accreditation body will not provide any consulting during public or private sessions. Although instructors are able to answer questions and provide information on best practices, they will not provide solutions to organization specific issues.