ANAB Webinar – Tuesday, June 28, 2022 – 3pm to 4pm Eastern
What is impartiality and why is this important?
During this webinar, impartiality will be defined and the purpose and benefits of impartiality discussed, with specific emphasis on how impartiality applies to accreditation, conformity assessment, and management systems. ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020 requirements specific to impartiality will be reviewed and several common potential risks to impartiality will be discussed. Additionally, key elements of a management system that help to promote and maintain impartiality will be presented, along with examples of how management can demonstrate commitment to impartiality.
- Learn the definition of impartiality
- Become familiar with standard requirements related to impartiality
- Learn common potential risks to impartiality
- Learn how to promote and maintain impartiality, including demonstration of management commitment
David is an accomplished Quality Professional, experienced in multiple disciplines of International Business, manufacturing, process mapping, organizational effectiveness, Emergency management planning for business continuity, Six Sigma Quality Improvement Methodologies and Total Quality Management and software development. He is the former owner of China Sourcing, Inc, an Asia-Pacific manufacturer of Industrial Products sold throughout US industry with over 20 years of experience in Project Management and large-scale project implementation. He is a consultant in Laboratory Systems (Environmental, Water Quality, Destructive and Dimensional) on manufacturing, international product teams, software validation and Project Management 17020 Inspection Body – Sr. Accreditation Manager & Lead Assessor for ANAB in both ISO/IEC 17025:2017 and ISO/IEC 17020:2012. He was Lead Assessor for DoD ELAP qualification assessment, overseen by NAVSEA (Naval Sea Systems Command).
- ANSI National Accreditation Board - Training Business Manager
- Experience in multiple disciplines of international business and manufacturing
- 20+ years in project management and large-scale project implementation
- Six Sigma and TQM
Mr. Feist established and ran 13 laboratories globally, guiding them through the ISO/IEC 17025 registration process. He has lead accreditation assessments to the ISO 17025 and ISO 17020 standards, including 10 DoD ELAP assessments. He has been technical witness to qualify 3 environmental (NELAP) assessors for Environmental Laboratory Accreditation.
He has lead multiple training classes for private clients, qualifying them for Internal Assessment of Laboratories, and Inspection Bodies. He currently serves on the Technical Advisory Group as a Technical Lead for ANAB with input on both their ISO 17025 and ISO 17020 accreditation processes.
Emma K. Dutton
- Instructional Designer: designs and develops training courses and materials
- 5 years as a Quality Assurance Manager in a forensic laboratory
- 12 years research and development in pharmaceuticals and biotechnology industries
- Adjunct Professor