ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Lead Assessor Training (Non-forensic)
ANAB’s ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Training course is based on ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17011 requirements and uses hands on, exercise-based approach to effectively develop and support the necessary competencies required of a lead assessor.
ANAB’s ISO/IEC 17025 Lead Assessor Training course uses hands on, exercise-based approach to effectively develop and support the necessary competencies required of a lead assessor. The course was revised in response to the change of focus to competence within laboratory-related accreditation standards and is based on ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17011 requirements.
This Lead Assessor Training course is designed to develop the required knowledge and skills by incorporating small group exercises, course work, and case studies for hands-on learning, allowing attendees to demonstrate their competencies in the classroom, as well as on a comprehensive final examination.
Additionally, this course provides an in depth understanding of ISO/IEC 17025 requirements, with a focus on how these requirements are applicable in the operations of laboratories and how the requirements are assessed by a lead assessor.
Participants who successfully complete this training course will receive a certificate of completion. This certificate demonstrates a solid understanding of the concepts in ISO/IEC 17025:2017, required competencies of a lead assessor and the ability to lead ISO/IEC 17025 assessment teams.
- Understand requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2017, including general, structural, resource, process, and management system requirements
- Understand the benefits of accreditation and the role of accreditation bodies
- Knowledge of assessment principles, practices, and techniques, including risk-based assessment principles
- Understanding the human aspects of assessments skill development, including:
- Communication skills appropriate to interact with all levels within the conformity assessment body
- Note-taking and report-writing skills
- Nonconformity writing skills
- Opening and closing meeting skills
- Interviewing and listening skills
- Collecting objective evidence, including scope sampling and technical competence evaluation
- Understand the importance of assessment-management
- Individuals interested in becoming an assessor for an accreditation body*
- Current assessors seeking to further demonstrate the required competencies
- Internal auditors seeking to further develop their auditing skills
- individuals who want to understand the assessment process and assessment related activities
For more information on becoming a contract assessor for ANAB, follow:
Note: If you are interested in serving on ANAB assessment teams for the forensic business unit please see Forensic Technical Assessor Training.
This training course is available as a private session. Private sessions are a great option for organizations that have several staff members that need the training.
Request Private Training from ANAB