This course will examine in detail the new requirements and transition to the latest International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG), Industry Controlled Other Party (ICOP) standards:
- AS9104-1 Requirements for Certification of Aviation, Space, and Defense Quality Management Systems
- AS9104-2 Requirements for the Oversight of Aviation, Space, and Defense Quality Management System Certification Programs
- AS9104-3 Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Auditor Training, Development, Competence, and Authentication
- AS9101 Requirements for Conducting Audits of Aviation, Space, and Defense Quality Management Systems
This entails changes to such items as:
- New requirements for accreditation body assessment changes, including to office and witness assessments
- Site structure requirements changes for certificated organizations
- New and greatly expanded requirements for risk analysis of client organizations
- Revised methods for calculating audit time called OCAP (Organization Certification Analysis Process)
- Changes to the auditing requirements and reporting
- New requirements for integrated audits
- New process to replace ASRP for individual organization (PBS/RP - Performance Based Surveillance/Recertification Process)
- New requirements for auditor competency, training, and continuing oversight
- Updated pathways for aerospace auditors to become aerospace experienced auditors
- Updates to IAQG OPMT (Other Party Management Team) oversight process
This course will assure attendees comprehensive understanding of the changes using lecture, hands on exercises, and final exam.
- Understand the new requirements and concepts of the AS9104 series of standards
- Understand the transition to International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG), Industry Controlled Other Party (ICOP) standards
- Obtain knowledge for successfully transitioning and fully conforming with the new AS&D AQMS certification requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of the standard requirements through participation in exercises and final exam
CEU Credits: 1.2
Who Should Attend
This course would be highly beneficial for AQMS accredited Certification Bodies, their certification decision makers, AQMS auditors and supporting personnel for the ICOP scheme. AB Assessor and Accreditation personnel are encouraged to take this course for better understanding of the Certification Bodies new requirements.
Dale Gordon, ANAB Sr. Manager of Accreditation, AS&D QMS
Dale Gordon, ANAB’s Mr. Gordon has been involved with aerospace quality for over 45 years in all aspects of the Quality function, is active in the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and is the Past Chairman of the American Aerospace Quality Group (AAQG), which is responsible for the AS 9100 Series.
The course is also available as on-site training. Private on-site courses are a great option for organizations that have several staff members who need training. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-501-5445 for more information.