The ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) provides accreditation in accordance with ISO/IEC 17065 for product, process, and service certification programs to ensure that the marketplace can gain confidence for their activities.
ANAB does not accredit or certify products, processes, and services; rather, we accredit organizations that can certify products, processes, and services. If you're seeking certification of a product, process, or service, find a certification body here.
ISO/IEC 17065 Product Certification Accreditation
The program is overseen by the Product Certification Accreditation Committee (ACC). The responsibilities of the committee include approving the key policy documents, reviewing the process of evaluation, accreditation decisions, and monitoring/auditing programs.
You can be accredited for ISO/IEC 17065 along with ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO/IEC 17020, and ANAB allows voluntary agreements for the Mutual Acceptance of Test Data.
Accreditation for product certification programs includes sector-specific certification schemes and covers a multitude of areas as defined by the ICS Codes, including:
- Automotive lifting devices
- Bottled water and packaged ice
- Building products
- Building and institutional furniture
- Class II biohazard cabinetry
- Drinking water additives
- Drinking water treatment units
- Electric appliances and accessories
- Electrical products
- Fenestration products
- Food service equipment
- Gas appliances and accessories
- Gas and oil products
- Waste water treatment
- Manufactured products and recreational vehicle plumbing products
- Marine products
- Personal protective and safety equipment
- Plastic piping systems and components
- Plumbing products
- Recreational and occupational health and safety/personal protective clothing
- Sanitation products
- Sealed insulating glass
- Solar energy
- Sustainable Forestry Initiative Chain of Custody (SFI CoC and PEFC CoC)
- Swimming pools, spas and components
- Treated wood
- Wastewater treatment units
- Windows and doors
- Wood products
Learn more about remote assessments in ANAB's Analysis of ANAB Remote Assessments in the Product Accreditation Program through Quantitative and Qualitative Techniques paper.