American Tree Farm System
What Is Accreditation for American Tree Farm System?
Third-party forest certification provides assurance to purchasers of paper and wood products that these goods come from well-managed and legally harvested forests. ANAB has accreditation programs for the American Tree Farm System (ATFS) and Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI) standards.
A CB must be accredited by ANAB to perform SFI forest management certification audits prior to applying for ATFS accreditation.
ATFS ACCREDITATION Information
Available from the American Tree Farm System:
- American Forest Foundation (AFF) 2022 Standards of Sustainability for Forest Certification
- 2022 ATFS Eligibility Requirements and Guidance for Certification
- American Tree Farm System Sampling Procedures for Assessments
- American Tree Farm System Tree Farm Inspection Record
- 2022 American Tree Farm System Independently Managed Group (IMG) Standards
Available at the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification:
- PEFC ST 2001:2008, PEFC Logo Usage Rules – Requirements
- PEFC Annex 6, Certification and Accreditation Procedures
Talk to an Expert
Senior Director of Accreditation, Management Systems
EHS, Recycling, Energy, Business Continuity, and RCMS Approval Programs
Need Training To Support Your Accreditation Journey?
Register for a course to get in-depth instruction on accreditation-related requirements and processes. Learn at your own pace with online courses or choose an instructor led class offered online or in a convenient location.