The ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) accredits organizations providing third-party validation and verification of greenhouse gas (GHG) reductions and removals
The ANAB Accreditation Program for Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Bodies operates according to ISO 14065:2013, Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition. ANAB works with several mandatory and voluntary GHG programs in implementing its program. In addition, ANAB is exploring the expansion of its program to include validation and verification of other types of environmental information. Please contact us for more information or join our LinkedIn group to receive information and updates.
ANAB has expanded its program to support the implementation of the International Civil Aviation Organization's Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA). For more information, please see our Notice on CORSIA.
Learn more: Adding Value, Trust, and Transparency to Emissions Claims with ANAB Accreditation
Applicable GHG Programs
ANAB's accreditation program provides validation/verification bodies recognition from various voluntary and mandatory GHG programs, including:
ANAB Accreditation Program Requirements
- GHG-PL-701: Accreditation Policy for ANAB Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Body Accreditation Program
- ISO 14065:2013 Greenhouse gases - Requirements for greenhouse gas validation and verification bodies for use in accreditation or other forms of recognition
- ISO 14064-3:2019 Greenhouse gases - Part 3: Specification with guidance for the validation and verification of greenhouse gas assertions
- IAF Mandatory Document for the Application of ISO 14065:2013
- ISO 14066:2011 Greenhouse gases - Competence requirements for greenhouse gas validation teams and verification teams.
Related Standards and Protocols
- ISO 14064-1:2018 Greenhouse gases - Part 1: Specification with guidance at the organization level for quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals
- ISO 14064-2:2019 Greenhouse gases - Part 2: Specification with guidance at the project level for quantification, monitoring and reporting of greenhouse gas emission reductions or removal enhancements
- ISO 14067-2018 Greenhouse gases - Carbon Footprint of Products - Requirements and Guidelines for Quantification
- The Greenhouse Gas Protocol Corporate Standard: Provides the accounting framework for organizations preparing a GHG emissions inventory. The GHG Protocol is program neutral and is designed to be compatible with most existing GHG program requirements.
- The Greenhouse Gas Protocol for Project Accounting: Provides a policy-neutral accounting tool for the quantification of climate change mitigation projects.
ISO 14064 - Greenhouse Gases Package (includes ISO 14064-1:2018, ISO 14064-2:2006, ISO 14064-3:2019, ISO 14065:2013 and ISO 14066:2011)
Click here for information of how to apply.
Director, Environmental Accreditation Programs
Manager of Accreditation, Environmental Accreditation Programs