Understanding the Requirements and Concepts of ANSI/ASTM E2659:2018
ANSI/ASTM E2659 training is for any organization that issue “certificates” based on a training or education course as well as stakeholders (such as HR directors) who accept individuals with “certificates” in their organizations.
The workshop is designed to introduce interested stakeholders to ANSI/ASTM E2659-18 and ASTM D8403 and the requirements for developing a quality education/training course that has an assessment at the end to determine if the learning outcomes have been achieved. It will cover such areas as: terminology, significance and use of the standard, requirements for certificate issuers, and certificate program and certificate issuance and use.
Through presentations, small group discussions, and exercises, you will be able to:
- Define terminology and identify documents, best practices, and other resources that can be helpful in building an understanding of the standard.
- Describe the specific requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659 and ASTM D8403.
- Identify the content (including types of documents and data) that may be helpful in demonstrating conformance with each requirements and how this content will be reviewed during an accreditation visit.
- Describe the ANAB accreditation process based on ISO/IEC 17011, Conformity Assessment – General requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies.
This workshop will provide participants who are interested in entering the accreditation process for certificate programs the ability to begin a self-assessment process to identify strengths and possible gaps in meeting specific requirements.
After attending the program, participants will understand:
- The significance and use of the standard to the education and training community, individuals, and consumers.
- Requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659 and ASTM D8403 and the evidence needed to document that an organization meets the requirements in preparing for accreditation.
- Methods to identify and select quality certificate programs based on the requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659 and ASTM D8403
Corporations, organizations, government agencies, and others that issue “certificates” based on a training or education course and stakeholders (such as HR directors) who accept individuals with “certificates” in their organizations.
This training course is available as a private session. Private sessions are a great option for organizations that have several staff members that need the training.
Request Private Training from ANAB