Understanding the Requirements and Concepts of ANSI/ASTM E2659:2018
ANSI/ASTM E2659 training is for any organization that issue “certificates” based on a training or education course as well as stakeholders (such as HR directors) who accept individuals with “certificates” in their organizations.
The workshop is designed to introduce interested stakeholders to ANSI/ASTM E2659-18 and ASTM D8403 and the requirements for developing a quality education/training course that has an assessment at the end to determine if the learning outcomes have been achieved. It will cover such areas as: terminology, significance and use of the standard, requirements for certificate issuers, and certificate program and certificate issuance and use.
Through presentations, small group discussions, and exercises, you will be able to:
- Define terminology and identify documents, best practices, and other resources that can be helpful in building an understanding of the standard.
- Describe the specific requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659 and ASTM D8403.
- Identify the content (including types of documents and data) that may be helpful in demonstrating conformance with each requirements and how this content will be reviewed during an accreditation visit.
- Describe the ANAB accreditation process based on ISO/IEC 17011, Conformity Assessment – General requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies.
This workshop will provide participants who are interested in entering the accreditation process for certificate programs the ability to begin a self-assessment process to identify strengths and possible gaps in meeting specific requirements.
After attending the program, participants will understand:
- The significance and use of the standard to the education and training community, individuals, and consumers.
- Requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659 and ASTM D8403 and the evidence needed to document that an organization meets the requirements in preparing for accreditation.
- Methods to identify and select quality certificate programs based on the requirements of ANSI/ASTM E2659 and ASTM D8403
Corporations, organizations, government agencies, and others that issue “certificates” based on a training or education course and stakeholders (such as HR directors) who accept individuals with “certificates” in their organizations.
This training course is available as a private session. Private sessions are a great option for organizations that have several staff members that need the training.
Contact us at email@example.com or 414-501-5473 for more information.
Note: ANAB as an accreditation body will not provide any consulting during public or private sessions. Although instructors are able to answer questions and provide information on best practices, they will not provide solutions to organization specific issues.